As a specialist litigation and dispute lawyer, I bring a wealth of experience to help clients with their disputes.
No dispute is ever the same and I enjoy working closely with clients to establish what the situation is, how they believe it has occurred and what they would like to achieve as a resolution.
I act for organisations and individuals in a range of dispute resolution and other litigation matters.
With over 25 years’ experience in business before becoming a lawyer, I have personal knowledge of the issues faced by businesses day-in and day-out, so I can offer realistic advice to clients to help them decide how to cost-effectively resolve their issues, with personal knowledge of the implications.
Recent cases include:
- Successfully defended clients in Lloyd v Rawding & Otrs  EWHC 1854 where the claimant’s slander claim was struck out and defeated repeated appeals.
- Making applications to serve out of jurisdiction
- Urgent interim injunction applications
- Successful claim against agent in horse sale
- Resolving a Property Dispute involving a border dispute and bringing an injunction in the High Court
My expertise and passion lie in understanding the issues faced by a client and working with them to explain how we can handle the issue and what approaches we can take to resolve the situation.
Clients are continually updated during each stage of the process and I believe that this enables them to make informed decisions, leading to better outcomes for all parties.
We avoid litigation where we can. Our face-to-face, lawyer-led working practices help us to identify issues and navigate to a settlement for the best possible outcome for our clients.
Call us today on 01284 701131 or email email@example.com
Specialist equine commercial expertise
I have over 25 years’ involvement in the equestrian industry, managing and owning both small and large businesses, as well as building one of the first and largest equestrian websites in the world. This featured a sports horse stallion database with over 3000 stallions listed, hosted by many top riders and associations such as British Horse Trials Association, British Show Jumping Association, British Dressage and the British Horse Society.
In addition to my 25 years’ experience in the equestrian industry, I also spent several years working in the education system, running an inclusion program and providing cover lessons at both key stage 3 and 4.
External Interests and Community Involvement
- Parish council chairman
- Committee Member and Education Officer for the British Horse Society (Suffolk Committee)
- I have trained and competed up to Prix St George level dressage with both my own and others’ horses. I also enjoy riding my motorbike and have previously raced motorcycle and sidecars, often referred to as outfit racing. I am also a keen sailor.
- Debt and Money Claims
- Personal Injury
- Defamation and Slander
- Employment disputes, including:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Age Discrimination
- Settlement Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Minimum Wage issues.
- Equine law, including:
- Sale/Purchase disputes
- trainer fee disputes
- Veterinary negligence claims
- Foal share agreements
- Syndication agreements
- Property disputes including:
- Adverse Possession,
- Breach of Covenants
- Landlord and Tenant disputes (commercial and private),
- Neighbour disputes
- Border disputes.
- Trading disputes with customers or clients
- Contract disputes
- Injunctive relief
- Partnership and shareholder disputes