I am a Director and head up the Residential Property team, dealing with the more complex or unusual elements of residential property transactions.
I also deal with a range of property transactions from sales and purchases to re-mortgages and transfers of shares of property.
I have considerable experience of working with people and organisations and a lot of my work is by personal recommendation from clients and other property professionals as well as repeat business for existing clients.
For clients who are buying and selling their own homes, I derive great pleasure from getting them and their families moved and into their new homes with the minimum of stress and hassle.
Clients with a portfolio of investment properties also value my insight and experience of the Buy To Let market and my understanding of the commerciality of these types of transactions, assisting them to maximise their return on investment.
How I can help…
Some of my recent client transactions:
- Drafting agreements for unmarried clients or those putting different proportions towards their purchase to ring-fence initial investments and provide clarity of shares upon sale
- Advice on splitting a development property into flats
- Implementation of safeguards to protect homes from fraud
- Rebuilding of lost title deeds to enable an elderly lady to sell her land to a developer
- Negotiating and drafting a deed of easement over a client’s ransom strip to a developer
- Providing advice on the enforceability of covenants such as those restricting development
- Claiming land by ‘squatters rights’
- Sales and purchases of unique and period properties
- Drafting and negotiating Family mortgages
A little bit about me…
After completing University in Staffordshire and qualifying there with a large regional law firm in 2004, I returned to my native Bury St Edmunds and joined Burnett Barker Solicitors in 2005.
Having worked for a local law firm prior to going to university I already knew I enjoyed the fast pace of residential property work. I also enjoy being able to establish long term relationships with estate agents, other solicitors and clients.
To speak to me call 01284 701131 or
Memberships & Accreditations
- Law Society Property Section
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Bury Property Lawyers Group
External Interests & Community Involvement
I have been a home-visit volunteer with Home Start UK, supporting families to give their children the best possible start in life, and continue to support the work of the charity.
I am supported by
I joined Burnett Barker in October 2012 following the firm’s merger with Partridge & Wilson who I started work with in November 1999 after moving back to Bury St Edmunds from Cornwall.
I support the Conveyancing Team and especially enjoy liaising with clients, other firms of solicitors and estate agents to progress matters to completion.
I usually work on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Being a wife, mother and (young!) grandmother, life is very busy but I enjoy walking my two dogs, helping out with the grandchildren, gardening and swimming.
As Residential Conveyancing Paralegal, it’s my job to support our Conveyancing Solicitors, Miranda and Rania, with the day to day running of the department.
I have a Graduate Diploma in Law, in addition to a BSc degree in Psychology from the University of East Anglia.
Originally from Blackpool, I now live in Bacton and, as well as being an avid reader, am somewhat of an online-gaming fan!