Family Law


There are few things more life-changing and traumatic than the end of a relationship. Our family law specialists can help resolve issues over children, property and finances.

Joanne Matthews, our Family Law Partner, is a member of the Law Society’s Family Law Panel and of Resolution, a group of 6,500 lawyers which believes in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law and one which Burnett Barker Solicitors fully endorses.

85% of family law matters never reach court and are dealt with by reaching agreement between the two parties.

We work with you to reach agreement with your ex-partner sooner rather than later and at less cost.

lawsociety-family-lawOf course not all cases can be so easily resolved and sometimes a disagreement will have to go to Court. If it does, one of our Family Law solicitors, or a recommended family law barrister, will be by your side offering the best advice and representation on the day.

No case is the same but we have built up years of expertise in what can be an emotive and complicated area of the law. Whatever your situation, we have the experience, knowledge and compassion to help you through the difficult times.

Fixed Fee Family Law Consultation – £149

If you want to find out where you stand and what your options are when it comes to family legal issues, we offer a one-to-one consultation for a fixed fee of £149.

Why do we charge for our family law consultations? Many firms offer a ‘free’ consultation of around 20-30 minutes, however we strongly believe in providing you with the advice you need for your own personal circumstances – something that can only be done with enough time and attention.

So for help with family law issues, including tailored advice relevant to your personal situation, call us on 01284 701131 or contact us – we’re here to help.

Family Law Services include:

  • Pre-nuptial agreements
  • Cohabitation disputes
  • Separation
  • Civil partnership breakdown
  • Financial settlement
  • Child Arrangement Orders (arrangements to see your children or about where they should live)
  • Applications for removal from jurisdiction
  • Specific issues such as education
  • Parental responsibility
  • Injunctions
  • Occupation orders