We’re always looking for new people to join our dynamic legal practice based in the heart of historic Bury St Edmunds.
Our open plan offices, with free wifi and refreshments for staff, promote a relaxed atmosphere and allow staff to work and collaborate in team groups. Thanks to our central location, you’ll be a stone’s throw from Bury St Edmunds’ thriving shopping scene – perfect for browsing the many high street names and quality independent retailers during your lunch break.
We’re proud of our flexible working practices along with our open and accessible employment opportunities. All staff are selected on the basis of their individual qualities and personal merit and we actively encourage applicants regardless of disability; gender; marital status; race; racial group; colour; ethnic or national origin; nationality; religion or belief; or sexual orientation, to get in touch.
With an enviably low staff turnover rate and a challenging yet friendly and happy working environment, working at Burnett Barker Solicitors could be your perfect next career move.
Our unique approach
Helping people and organisations with the legal issues they don’t have the time or expertise to deal with, in a courteous, empathetic and reassuring way, is what we do best.
We go to great lengths to communicate legal issues in suitable terms that can be understood and acted upon by our clients who are non-lawyers; so if this sounds like something you’re particularly great at, and you’ve got the skills to complement your personal approach, take a look at our vacancies below.
Taking care of staff is our number one priority, which is why you will be entitled to a generous package when you work at Burnett Barker Solicitors, including:
- Pension contributions for eligible job holders
- Flexible hours. Our office hours are 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday (with an hour for lunch) but we work hard to offer flexible working patterns to suit your individual needs such as childcare arrangements or out of work commitments.
- Paid holidays of 28 days per year including bank holidays, plus we usually close the office between Christmas and New Year, which is gifted as additional (non-contractual) paid holiday
- A positive work-life balance is something we encourage wholeheartedly. We recognise that you can only work to the best of your abilities if you are able to switch off and have a life outside of the office. That’s why we tell our staff (even our lawyers) that we don’t expect them to be in the office before 8.30am, and certainly no later than 6.30pm. Clearly there are times when work needs to be completed, but it is a system which works for us. As result, our staff feel much happier, and more motivated which means that we can confidently put the needs of our clients first.
- Family-friendly approach. Where possible, we always try to accommodate time off for family-related activities such as school plays, parent-teacher meetings, or accompanying caring for elderly relatives to medical appointments. .We know that life is about spending time with family, and we’re pleased we can help you make the most of these precious important moments.
- Social opportunities. We may work hard, but we can also play hard, occasionally(!). We try to get together as a team for a bit of fun as much as possible. From Summer BBQs to Christmas drinks, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues.
- Training. We want you to spend your career with us, from the moment that you start, through to retirement. To that end, we promise to continually invest in your future career prospects by offering continual training opportunities to all staff members.
Our current vacancies
How to apply…
Details for how to apply are listed within each job description.
If you would like to send through a speculative job application, please email email@example.com, enclosing your CV and covering letter/email.