We encourage and support all members of staff to engage with community organisations as volunteers as it is a great way to contribute to our communities while gaining new skills, knowledge and experience.
Our staff engage with a diverse range of organisations and in a variety of roles, such as volunteering through The Voluntary Network’s Befriending Service or as a school governor or parish councillor.
More details of the organisations supported in this way can be found in individual profiles.
As an Organisation
We support the involvement of individual members of staff in the above organisations by making resources available, with time, physical resources or facilities and sometimes with additional financial support.
We also conduct legal work for community-funded organisations at preferential rates – either directly or through arranged schemes such as Suffolk Pro-Help.
We support a range of community organisations and events with financial sponsorship and support.
Some of the organisations and groups we support:
- Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club
- St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Bury St Edmunds Child Contact Centre
- Thurston Rangers Rugby Union Club
- SBA – The Solicitors’ Charity
- Bury in Bloom
- The Worshipful The Mayor of St Edmundsbury’s Charities
- Suffolk ProHelp
- Gatehouse Charity / Dementia Hub
- Dogs Trust (Canine Card)
- BID/Our Bury St Edmunds
- Bury Local Links (Sustainable travel)
- Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV)
- RAF Honington / Benevolent Fund
- New Anglia Growth Hub
- Meet Up Mondays
- My WiSH (West Suffolk Hospital charity)
- West Suffolk College
- I Roll Up My Sleeves
- Newmarket (Ladies) Football Club – sponsorship of U10 Girls