Fixed Fee Divorce
We appreciate that when you are going through a divorce, this can be very stressful and the costs of the process can be a worry.
We believe it is helpful for Clients to know at the outset what their divorce costs will be. We are therefore pleased to be able to offer a fixed fee payment plan.
What does the fixed fee cover?
Our fixed fee payment plan covers all the standard work necessary, from our first meeting with you through to the pronouncement of the Decree Absolute.
Our total fee is £995, which is made up of:
|Fee paid to the Court for filing Petition||£300.00|
|Fee paid to the Court for the Decree Absolute||£40.00|
|Our charges including VAT||£655.00|
The fees are payable by instalments as follows:
- £495 - at your first meeting, when we will take your full instructions.
- £250 - before sending the Divorce Petition to the Court for issue
- £250 - on the application for the Decree Nisi
Or make a single up-front payment at a reduced fee of £945
What work is not included in the fixed fee?
- amending the petition following issue or acting for you if the petition is defended
- the cost of obtaining a certified copy of your marriage certificate, if you have mislaid the original.
- In the event that there is difficulty with serving or proving service of the petition, the cost of organising bailiff or personal service or for applying for deemed or substituted service of the petition.
- Advice relating to financial settlement or children.
- The fee for swearing an affidavit in support of petition.
- Protracted negotiations
It is possible that an order could be made in the course of the proceedings, stating that your spouse should pay some or all of your fees. If your spouse does not pay, the fixed fee will not cover our fees to enforce the order and you will need to decide whether you would wish us to pursue the matter or whether you would rather do so personally.
Often, following the breakdown of a marriage, consideration will need to be given to a financial settlement or achieving a financial clean break between you. Further, arrangements may need to be agreed for your children. These are matters upon which you will need separate advice and the cost of that will depend on your individual circumstances and the complexity of your case. Advice on such matters is charged at an hourly rate and can be discussed with you at our first meeting. Joanne Matthews is an accredited specialist with Resolution and specialises in these areas.
To apply for your Decree Nisi, you will need to swear an affidavit confirming the contents of your divorce petition are true. You can swear the affidavit for free at the Court. Alternatively, you can go to another Solicitor to swear the affidavit, where you will be charged in the region of £7.50.
Other terms and conditions may apply.We should be please to meet with you and to support you through the divorce process. Should you require any further information or wish to make an appointment please telephone us on 01284 701131.