As one of the Directors of Burnett Barker Solicitors, I head up the Residential Property team and tend to deal with the more complex or unusual elements of residential property transactions.
As well as this I deal with a range of property transactions from sales and purchases to re-mortgages and transfers of shares of property.
How I can help…
Below is an overview of some of my most recent client transactions, to give you an idea of the sorts of things I can help you with:
- Drafting and negotiating Family mortgages
- Drafting agreements for unmarried clients or those putting different proportions towards their purchase to ring-fence initial investments and provide clarity of shares upon sale
- Advice on splitting a development property into flats
- Implementation of safeguards to protect homes from fraud
- Rebuilding of lost title deeds to enable an elderly lady to sell her land to a developer
- Negotiating and drafting a deed of easement over a client’s ransom strip to a developer
- Providing advice on the enforceability of covenants such as those restricting development
- Claiming land by ‘squatters rights’
A little bit about me…
After completing University in Staffordshire and qualifying there with a large regional law firm in 2004, I returned to my native Bury St Edmunds and joined Burnett Barker Solicitors in 2005.
Having worked for a local law firm prior to going to university I already knew I enjoyed the fast pace of residential property work. I also enjoy being able to establish long term relationships with estate agents, other solicitors and clients.
To speak to me call 01284 701131 or
Memberships & Accreditations
- Law Society Property Section
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Bury Property Lawyers Group
External Interests & Community Involvement
I am a home-visit volunteer with Home Start UK, supporting families to give their children the best possible start in life.
I am supported by
I joined Burnett Barker in October 2012 following the firm’s merger with Partridge & Wilson who I started work with in November 1999 after moving back to Bury St Edmunds from Cornwall.
I support the Conveyancing Team and especially enjoy liaising with clients, other firms of solicitors and estate agents to progress matters to completion.
I usually work on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Being a wife, mother and (young!) grandmother, life is very busy but I enjoy walking my two dogs, helping out with the grandchildren, gardening and swimming.
As Residential Conveyancing Paralegal, it’s my job to support our Conveyancing Solicitors, Miranda and Rania, with the day to day running of the department.
I have a Graduate Diploma in Law, in addition to a BSc degree in Psychology from the University of East Anglia.
Originally from Blackpool, I now live in Bacton and, as well as being an avid reader, am somewhat of an online-gaming fan!