I am a Solicitor in the Wills and Probate team with over 28 years’ experience. I am a specialist Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) .
I specialise in helping clients to plan for the future and deal with the legal issues surrounding death and incapacity.
Whether preparing your Will or dealing with the death of a loved one, I will explain all of the different aspects that you need to consider.
I qualified as a solicitor in 1986 and have specialised in Probate, Wills and Trusts since 2005.
As a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2010, you have the reassurance of knowing that I am a highly qualified trust and estate practitioner and trusted advisor.
Common issues I can help with:
- Providing for a surviving spouse or partner while protecting the interests of any children;
- Making sure your affairs are looked after if you lose the ability to do so yourself;
- care and support for elderly or vulnerable relatives;
- Advising on ways to reduce any Inheritance Tax (IHT) payable out of your estate on your death;
- helping donors support philanthropic causes in an effective way.
We’re here to help. Call us on 01284 701131.
Services for You:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Trusts & Tax Issues
Memberships & Accreditations
- Solicitor of England & Wales
- Law Society Private Client Section member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Diploma in Trusts and Estates (England and Wales)
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation
Outside The Office
I have two daughters in their early twenties who still keep me busy, and I like to spend time with my elderly mother as often as I can. I am a keen gardener and also enjoy drawing and painting in my garden studio when I have any spare time.
I am supported by:
I first joined the firm as a temp for 3 weeks in 2006, loved the atmosphere, enjoyed the work and wanted to work here permanently. At that time, there were no vacancies but in 2007 a permanent position arose to work for Robin Burnett.
We are a friendly firm and I love interacting with clients and beneficiaries. A lot of my job is supporting clients, for example if we’re looking after a Probate, by making sure that they feel comfortable about what the legal process is at a very distressing time.
We’re all really aware of the people behind the actual legal work we’re doing, so the work, although sometimes sad, is always interesting.